GETTING A LIBRARY CARD
A library card is needed to be able to borrow from the library’s collection. This card can be used at all libraries in the North East Arkansas Regional Library System. These include the libraries in Corning (Clay Co.), Paragould (Greene Co.), Piggott (Clay Co.), Pocahontas (Randolph Co.) and Rector (Clay Co.)
Who Can Get a Library Card?
Residents of and property owners in Clay, Greene and Randolph counties in Northeast Arkansas may get a library card for free. Library cards are renewed yearly. A child must be able to sign his or her own name and must have a parent co-sign the application. Non residents may also borrow from the library by becoming Non-Resident Members. An annual fee of $10.00 is required to become a non-resident member of the library. Or you can participate in the GatewayProject a public library service to Northeast Arkansas residents without charging a non-resident fee to patrons outside a library's service area. For more details see the Gateway Project.
Steps in Getting a Library Card
- Download Library Application Form (Adobe Reader required)
- Fill out application. Print carefully with an ink pen and sign.
- Return form to the library and give to a staff member.
- Please have two forms of identification available. Proof of identification and residency is required. Acceptable identification include: Driver’s License, Non-Driver Identification Card, or any government issued identification such as a Passport or Military ID and another identification showing proof of address such as a utility bill.
- You will be asked to sit for a Photo ID for the library’s checkout system
- You will be given a card. This card is valid for one year and is renewable annually.
- Replacement cards cost $2.00.
Responsibilities of Library Members
Becoming a member of the library patrons will agree to be personally responsible for material checkout to them and to their children.
Checkout on materials is 2 weeks. Materials can be renewed for an extra 2 weeks in person, by phone or online. Music, Videos, Magazines and Reserves are non-renewable.
Fines paid in a timely manner. Patrons with outstanding fines will not be able to checkout more material until fine is paid. Outstanding fines and books overdue 30 days will be turned over to a collection agency.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Members will be financially responsible for the replacement of damaged and lost materials plus a processing fee.
DO NOT RETURN Audio/Visual Materials in Drop Box as this will cause damage.
If you live outside the Northeast Arkansas Regional Library System Area of Clay Greene and Randolph counties, and do live in Arkansas, look into the Gateway Project at your local public library to be able to borrow from our libraries.