GET A LIBRARY CARD
A library card is needed to be able to borrow from the library’s collection. This card can be used at all libraries in the North East Arkansas Regional Library System. These include the libraries in Corning (Clay Co.), Paragould (Greene Co.), Piggott (Clay Co.), Pocahontas (Randolph Co.) and Rector (Clay Co.)
Who Can Get a Library Card?
Residents of and property owners in Clay, Greene and Randolph counties in Northeast Arkansas may get a library card for free. Library cards are renewed yearly. A child must be able to sign his or her own name and must have a parent co-sign the application. Non residents may also borrow from the library by becoming Non-Resident Members. An annual fee of $10.00 is required to become a non-resident member of the library. Or you can participate in the GatewayProject a public library service to Northeast Arkansas residents without charging a non-resident fee to patrons outside a library's service area. For more details see the Gateway Project.
- Download Library Application Form (Adobe Reader required)
- Fill out application. Print carefully with an ink pen and sign.
- Return form to the library and give to a staff member.
- Please have two forms of identification available. Proof of identification and residency is required. Acceptable identification include: Driver’s License, Non-Driver Identification Card, or any government issued identification such as a Passport or Military ID and another identification showing proof of address such as a utility bill.
- You will be asked to sit for a Photo ID for the library’s checkout system
- You will be given a card. This card is valid for one year and is renewable annually.
- Replacement cards cost $2.00.
Responsibilities of Library Members
Becoming a member of the library patrons will agree to be personally responsible for material checkout to them and to their children.
Checkout on materials is 2 weeks. Materials can be renewed for an extra 2 weeks in person, by phone or online. Music, Videos, Magazines and Reserves are non-renewable.
Fines paid in a timely manner. Patrons with outstanding fines will not be able to checkout more material until fine is paid. Outstanding fines and books overdue 30 days will be turned over to a collection agency.
Lost or Damaged Materials
Members will be financially responsible for the replacement of damaged and lost materials plus a processing fee.
DO NOT RETURN Audio/Visual Materials in Drop Box as this will cause damage.
Use the Library's Digital Library With Your NookUse the Library Digital Library With Your Kindle
The above is a step by step turorial in using your Barnes and Noble Nook or Kobo and other eReaders with the library's downloadableDigital Media.
Click the icon in lower right hand corner to view full size presentation.
E*Books / AudioBooks FAQ & Helps
Click This link: Ebooks/Audiobooks FAQ
Using the Catalog
Become a Power Library User and access information about your account, renew and reserve books from your home computer or web link. To become a Power User you will need to use you first name as your user name and use your library card number as the Personal Identification Number (PIN). Then you can login to the Online Catalog via the My Items link.
To gain the full benefit of this tutorial you will need to down load it to you hard drive and play with the PowerPoint Applicatrion. If you do not have the latest application you canm download and use the PowerPoint Viewer.
Access the Online Databases
You can login to EbscoHost with you Library Card ID (on the backside of your Library Card).
You can login into the Encyclopædia Britannica databases with you Library Card ID (on the backside of your Library Card).
To login into the numerous Gale/Cengage databases you will need a password. You can get this password by coming into the library and asking a librarian upon positive dedication with your library card.
- Click either eBooks link or Netlibrary link from the Rector Public Library web site.
- Create a Free Account. Link is found in the top right hand corner. complete form as required.
- Or if you already have a Free account simply login from the Login link (top Left corner)
- Use the Search to find your material in either full text or audio.
- Make your selection and download. If the file is audio you can load onto your MP3 player or keep it on your computer, Make note of the file formats to see that you have the ability to play fail;the files. The file will remain valid for 3 weeks.
Access is only available in the library
New England Ancestors
Learning Library Express
Set up an account with Mango Languages
- Click the Mango Languages Link to bring up the welcome screen. Under Create a Profile, enter your email address and a password.
- The screen will instruct you to check your email for an activation code.
- Click the link in your email
- And your ready to start learning.