Get a Library Card
A person who is sixteen and older will need a photo id and something that has gone through the mail and addressed to them at their current mailing address.
A person who is under sixteen has to have a parents signature; if the parent does not have a card they are required to bring a photo id and something that has gone through the mail and addressed to them at their current mailing address.
Use the Library Digital Library With Your Kindle
Use the Library's Digital Library With Your Nook
The above is a step by step turorial in using your Barnes and Noble Nook or Kobo and other eReaders with the library's downloadableDigital Media.
Click the icon in lower right hand corner to view full size presentation.
E*Books / AudioBooks FAQ & Helps
Click This link: Ebooks/Audiobooks FAQ
Using the Catalog
Become a Power Library User and access information about your account, renew and reserve books from your home computer or web link. To become a Power User you will need to come into the library and set up a Personal Identification Number (PIN). Then you can login to the Online Catalog via the My Items link.
To gain the full benefit of this tutorial you will need to down load it to you hard drive and play with the PowerPoint Applicatrion. If you do not have the latest application you canm download and use the PowerPoint Viewer.
Access the Online Databases
You can login to EbscoHost with you Library Card ID (on the backside of your Library Card).
You can login into the Encyclopædia Britannica databases with you Library Card ID (on the backside of your Library Card).
To login into the numerous Gale/Cengage databases you will need a password. You can get this password by coming into the library and asking a librarian upon positive dedication with your library card.
- Click either eBooks link or Netlibrary link from the Greene County Library web site.
- Create a Free Account. Link is found in the top right hand corner. complete form as required.
- Or if you already have a Free account simply login from the Login link (top Left corner)
- Use the Search to find your material in either full text or audio.
- Make your selection and download. If the file is audio you can load onto your MP3 player or keep it on your computer, Make note of the file formats to see that you have the ability to play fail;the files. The file will remain valid for 3 weeks.
Access is only available in the library
New England Ancestors
Learning Library Express
Set up an account with Mango Languages
- Click the Mango Languages Link to bring up the welcome screen. Under Create a Profile, enter your email address and a password.
- The screen will instruct you to check your email for an activation code.
- Click the link in your email
- And your ready to start learning.
Reserve a Room in the Library