EMPLOYMENT, UNEMPLOYMENT, JOB SEARCH TOOLS AND STRATEGIES
- An large listing of books related to jobs and employment in the Library
- These include resources for writing resumes, strategies before, during and after the interview, taking tests etc.
- Helpful online databases include Vocational and Career Collection from EbscoHost and Vocations and Careers Collection from Gale.
- Public online computers and free WiFi are available for online job applications.
Jobs for teens
http://www.jobsforteenshq.com/getting-started/ We are the largest FREE resource on the internet focused on helping teens find jobs. Whether you're a teenager looking to work online, part-time, during the summer, or even full-time, we have the resources you need.
JOBS FOR SENIORS
- RetirementJobs.com: Search full time, part time and flexible jobs from age friendly employers.
- Workforce50.com: Find jobs placed by employers specifically interested in staffing from the over-50 workforce.
- SeniorJobBank.org: A meeting place for over-50 job seekers and the employers seeking their services.
- Retired Brains:AJob and information source for retirees & people planning their retirement.
- RetireeWorkForce.com: Find employment opportunities for experienced and motivated retirees.
- Idealist.org: Search for nonprofit jobs, events, consultants, volunteer opportunities and internships.
- Opportunity Knocks: National online job site focused exclusively on the nonprofit community.
- Arkansas Department of Workforce Services
Links to ArkLine, ArkNet, Claim Help, Disaster Unemployment Assistance, Trade Adjustment Assistance,
Trade Readjustment Allowance, UI Benefit Appeals, UI Claimant Forms and Contact UI.
- Arkansas JobLink
- Losing a Job, Your Rights: Information on your legal rights if you are in danger of losing your job, or if you have already resigned, been fired, or subjected to a layoff.
- Elevate America! In co-operatyion with Microsoft, Elevate America offers vouchers for E-Learning courses and select certification exams at no cost. Courses allow you to get IT skills, training and resources to get a job. Courses include:
- Computer Basics for Beginners (no voucher required)
- Business Worker
- Certification Exams
- IT Professional
Have you Ever Considered...