JOB SEARCH TOOLS AND STRATEGIES
- An incomplete listing of books related to jobs and employment in the Library
- These include resources for writing resumes, strategies before, during and after the interview, taking tests etc.
- Helpful online databases include Vocational and Career Collection from EbscoHost and Vocations and Careers Collection from Gale.
- Public online computers and free WiFi are available for online job applications.
Have you Ever Considered...
- Networking: Find peers and job information from online social networks, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and NingNot sure how it works? Here are 7 secrets to getting your next job using social media.
- Changing your career: Find out which career is right for you by taking a CampbellTM Interest and Skill Survey; assess your transferable skills that can be applied to your next job; and plan the change.
- Starting Your Own Business: Check the library’s business page for small business and entrepreneurship resources.
- Going Back to School: Check out the library’s college information resources.